Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Do black men and women go through the same level of racism and victimization?
Do we face the same level of racism and victimization? At a recent group meeting among brothers, the point was brought up that sistahs don't always understand what a brother has to face on a day to day basis because they compare it to what they have to deal with.
Views: 650   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 2:33am
by A White Girl
t
Torgbi
Oprah's on!
African American QueenMother Oprah has made me cry like a man shouldn't. I do so hope, when she retires, in her senior years, she returns to Africa permanently? As I know the Blacks in South Africa are hoping for it. Such a move would not just be for tax advantages....
Views: 569   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 2:31am
by A White Girl
Can Someone Explain
Okay, on Tv I hear people tell another one that they are not black enough. What the heck does that mean? Does it literally mean that they are not dark enough? Thanks for your help.
Views: 445   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 2:30am
by A White Girl
Wow - I am reading these posts
I am reading these posts and I'm suprised at things that are being said. I think that black people are alot more racist than white people. Honestly, we don't think about race that much.
Views: 441   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 2:24am
by A White Girl
m
Mak
KFC Commercial
Hey what's up with the KFC Commercial. The one that shows the Black family sitting at the dinner table talking about there day eating chicken. It's a single Mom with four kids and no father,nice huh. Should we be mad or did reality just hit the main stream in the for...
Views: 465   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 2:07am
by A White Girl
Why are so many brothers unromantic?
Many sistahs are upset and fedup at the lack of attention being showed in the romantic front by their partners. Brothers we ask you to answer this question as the sistahs need to know whats up!
Views: 602   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 11:03am
by brownsugar10976
What can be done to break the cycle of drug and alcohol abuse within our communities?
What can be done to break the cycle of drug and alcohol abuse within our communities? Our question centers on the cycle of hereditary drug and alcohol abuse. In so many cases within our communities, our young have very little options because they are surrounded b...
Views: 690   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 11:01am
by brownsugar10976
What can single moms do to prevent their daughters falling into the sex industry
What can single moms of teenage girls do to prevent their daughters from being exploited by the billion dollar sex industry? 
Views: 671   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 10:53am
by karima
Bill Cosby's attack on the way we bring up our kids
What do people think about what Bill said. I have discussed this with some friends and even though his words are very controversial i do actually agree with most of what he said. Our kids are growing up talking and behaving like thugs and many parents cannot steer...
Views: 1293   Replies: 25
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 10:51am
by karima
What Does Black History mean to you?
What Does Black History mean to you?
Views: 519   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2007 10:46am
by karima
hate crime, police corruption and sexual violence in small town naples florida
COLLIER COUNTY POLICE DEPT REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE MULTIPLE COMPLAINS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT , STALKING AND HATE CRIME BECAUSE OF THE PRESTIGE OF THE PERPETRATOR As a registered nurse for 20 years none of the local hospitals in my area would hire me because I refused...
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2007 5:01am
by maryann
n
Nicole
HELP!
Good ole Home Depot. I need help and trying to get the word out. I was terminated 2 weeks ago for something that I didn't do and 2 days after that another black woman got terminated for the same thing. Really the same transaction and that is impossible. The young...
Views: 515   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 1:34am
by Nicole
A Spartan Controversy
Ancient kingdoms, and realms, from Africa to Asia; all converge, on the isles of Greece. Cultures, that once civilized the world; now rid the land, of harmony and peace. So, see the catalyst, which caused the change: a birth of the present, new age. Men of valor, doi...
Views: 530   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 4:03am
by C.Mitchell
Did Ancient Africa ,Influence India ,And South East Asia???
I think the real question should be this: (1) Did India and/or Asia, influence Africa; or, did Africa, influence India, South East Asia, and beyond? (2) Were not the original Kingdoms and Peoples of India, and South Asia, African in appearance?? What happen to...
Views: 601   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2007 6:02pm
by Afro - Indo Warr...
d
Denise
interacial couples do they produce confused children
If you are mixed race please don't be mad or send letter bombs etc.... I am asking this question to provoke debate on the subject. I read an article in the NY post of all places about a study that found that 70% of mixed race children have an identity problem not k...
Views: 1277   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 6, 2007 8:31pm
by min42
Racism in Jena Louisiana
Racism in Jena Louisiana Listen to my interview with Alan Bean, an activist who was in the courtroom during the trial http://www.letstalkhonestly.com/raceinamerica.html On June 28 2007 a young black defendant Mychal Bell was found guilty of aggravated assault agai...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 11:50pm
by G. Cook
Sole Proprietor Forum........ (Mystery of Soul, Inc.)
Our first website, http://www.artquest.com/Browse/ThumbListings.asp?ArtistLastName=Roberson, designed with an amateur's touch and studio! An introductory audience for three years and marketing more. If you have a different tint or makeup? Continue to browse http:/...
Views: 452   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 10:16pm
by Bruce Roberson
African-American Dating Service Based out of Houston Texas
SOULSEARCHING.BIZ Please give this new dating service a try. It's very new and very very inexpensive. I offer safety tips when meeting, so always be careful even when you are not meeting on line. You are able to browse free, but once you are ready to meet...
Views: 482   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2007 11:45am
by Michelle Marks
Dr Julia Hare tells it how it is in the of the black union convention. Have your say
Dr Julia Hare tells it how it is. Share your opinion on what she said. If you have not heard goto www.blackissue.com and play the video on the home page
Views: 569   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 9:46pm
by Nat
Black on Black Crime Understanding our Youth
Black on Black Crime Understanding our Youth Over the last couple months the state of life on the streets for our youth has been highlighted by the senseless murders of Adam Regis, Paul Erhahon and Kodjo Yenga to name just a few. These murders have left many p...
Views: 667   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 23, 2007 8:10pm
by Minika
Afro and Indo Network
http://groups.myspace.com/BlackandAsianNetwork New message board that discusses lost cultures, maintaining old traditions - enough talking just check us out! Bless Brothers and Sisters
Last Post: May 8, 2007 6:05pm
by Afro - Indo Warr...
Black on black crime is this now a world wide epidemic
With the well publicized killings of young black teenagers killing each other in both the US and UK, we ask the question is this now a global problem or epidemic which until now has gone unnoticed?
Views: 552   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 8, 2007 4:30pm
by Zhana
Slavery Or Bust
We make poverty, prison, and “chittlins” ; so savory. It’s time, we promote education; or, prepare for SLAVERY. [firenbooks.bravehost.com]
Views: 574   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2007 2:12pm
by C.Mitchell
Should smacking be used as a form of discipline?
Zero-Tolerance approach to smacking. Is this right for our children? by L Bedeau The NSPCC is calling shops to do more to stop parents from smacking their children with a new campaign asking retailers to adopt a zero-tolerance...
Views: 556   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 7:31pm
by Pam
A protest to get blacks out! Should this National Front march be permitted?
Surrey Quays South East London will be the host of the annual National Front March with a theme of "Get the blacks out" Should marches like this be permitted? We have contacted the police who say they are powerless to stop the march due to the Freedom of Expressi...
Views: 577   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 8:34am
by la_sombra
Teenage Pregnancy. A Mothers Thoughts
Teenage preganacy has an impact on more than just the teenager and the unborn child. How do mothers cope after finding out their baby is having a baby. Read A Mothers Thought by K Lapierre Go to www.blackissue.com
Views: 605   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 5:20pm
by Apple
Urgent - Young People Required For Interview On Gun Crime On ITV & Choice FM Tomorrow Morning
Calling All Girls and Boys, FilmDaze TV is looking for two boys and two girls from South East, East, North or North West London to talk about gun crime. There is a good chance that your comments will end up on Choice FM and ITV tomorrow morning, so sensible p...
Views: 653   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 4:14pm
by Julia FilmDaze
Street Dreams???
Grandmas are doing crack. Grandpas, dads, uncles, and cousins are in jail. Moms working two jobs; just to, make ends meet. So, who raises the kids?? The Street??? In ancient times, tribal elders would take young men and women; out into the bush. A small com...
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 3:20am
by C.Mitchell
African Polygamy hidden in NYC as well!
Polygamy in NYC...as usual, done in error again by the men folk: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/23/nyregion/23polygamy.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin Yet you asks yourself, how better are the monogamous folks doing it in the US? Number 1 ranked country for d...
Views: 461   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 7:40pm
by torgbui
Jacob Lawrence's Migration Series in South Carolina
Museum Partners with Center for Southern African-American Music for Jacob Lawrence Programming 17 panels of the artist’s renowned series on view at the Columbia Museum of Art COLUMBIA, S.C. – The Columbia Museum of Art provides a rare chance to see work by one of...
Views: 582   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 8:09pm
by SCArtChic
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GHANA!
50th anniversary March 6, 2007. March 6, 1957-March 6, 2007
Views: 551   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 7:04pm
by Torgbi
Just Because We Can
We live in a New Age. An age, were the great grandchildren, of a once moral nation, have become godless. Medicine treats, but rarely cures. The legal and political system, is often for, the moneyed. And, our institutions of learning, prepares one to dream; but, no...
Views: 508   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 10:48pm
by C.Mitchell
Do you support black businesses in your area?
In most black communities, you will find many Asian businesses flourishing off of our money. In many cases these business owners look down on the black community and see us as a cash cow. So why is it, we still find it difficult to support black businesses which...
Views: 544   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 1:50pm
by Carl Binion
c
Candy
Why are most black men afraid to commit?
Why are most black men afraid to commit? I am a single mother, looking for a decent man. Every time I get close to a guy they start to back off as if commitment is a disease. My question to the men on this site is what are you afraid of. I would really like to un...
Views: 964   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 8:52pm
by Bernie
t
Torgbi
HAPPY NATIONAL VODOU DAY 2007 BENIN, WEST AFRICA
BENIN VODOUN PRIEST: Eugene Koumagnon Pr??sident fondateur Association Culturelle Vodoo (ACUVO) TEMPLE SPIRITUEL ORISHA ODUDUWA C/ 744 12??me Arrd. Cadj??houn Cotonou Rep. B??nin e-mail: castor744@yahoo.fr skype.com : papavodoo ====================...
Views: 619   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 8:56pm
by Torgbi
t
Torgbi
ManTalk for Black Polygamous Men Globally
http://www.webmd.com/content/chat_transcripts/1/109289?pageNumber=1
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 7:45pm
by Torgbi
t
Torgbi
Another Rich Blackman unable to think outside the BOX!
"Tyrese Investigated for Allegedly Punching Pregnant Girlfriend AllHipHop.com Singer/actor Tyrese Gibson has come under the microscope following allegations he punched his pregnant girlfriend twice. TMZ.com reports that authorities are conducting a cr...
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 12:03pm
by Torgbi
t
Torgbi
Just wondering...
Are the Black African muslims of Somalia going to follow such Arab terrorism advice: =============================================== "DUBAI (Reuters) - Osama bin Laden's top aide urged Somali Islamists in an audio tape posted on the Internet on Friday to l...
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 3:35am
by Torgbi
t
Torgbi
Current Events African History Lesson Jan 2007
Your African History lesson for today: The late, Great African Ancestor James Brown indirectly killed a Yoruba tribal man in Nigeria, unknowingly! LOL The Nigerian man came to the US,in the 60s, as a young musician and studies at music at various white schoo...
Views: 507   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 8:40am
by Torgbi
t
Torgbi
Which group kills/mass murder more globally, Christians or Islamics?
"Tension in Neke community over chief's kidnap By Tony Edike Friday, December 29, 2006 Enugu—TENSION is mounting at Neke community in Amanyi Local Government Development Centre of Enugu State following the alleged kidnap of the former secretary to the centre,...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2006 10:21am
by Torgbi
t
Torgbi
Addressing a Ghanaian man, pro-Afr.Amer., on an African website forum(KWANZAA period)
Keep up the good work Pius, I too went to Howard in the early 70s. Have been to Africa many times. As an African American, having been to Ghana many times also, I understand the limited thinking/short-sighted views many Africa-born have today. I understand the type o...
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2006 9:28am
by Torgbi
Is it truly necessary to cross the race line in hopes of being treated with respect and admiration
Have you read the article "LIVING SINGLE IN 2006 Anecdotes of unmarried black women part 1" by Rachel Ramone? It raises the question: We all want and deserve to be treated with respect and admiration, but is it truly necessary to cross the race line in hopes...
Views: 1060   Replies: 25
Last Post: Dec 27, 2006 12:13pm
by Marlena
Black woman also cause relationship breakdowns
British MP Camila Batmanghelidjh says (have your say) you can read the full article @ http://www.blackissue.com/black_women_also_cause_splits.htm "Black women are "hugely responsible" for the family breakdown which fuels crime, MPs have been told. Camila Batmang...
Views: 538   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 13, 2006 11:52am
by Carl Binion
Views: 865   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 1, 2006 1:58pm
by C. A. Mitchell
q
Queen
Dying from Loving a Down Low Brother
This is really terrifying, simple. I believe when one steps out of the confines of God's direct command on how to live...chaos is the result. If women would simply wait and read the signs they see, stop and identify the smoke they smell.........act on what has been...
Views: 469   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2006 7:44am
by C. A. Mitchell
Reparations Or Self Examinations
While we are waiting for the resources, that are long over due; we, as a race of people, should take advantage of all the opportunities offered. Many of our brothers and sisters, from nations near and far, come here with nothing; came from nothing, yet within ten yea...
Views: 415   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2006 7:00am
by C. A. Mitchell
Is your man caught in the closet?
Many black women like Author Terry McMillan Get married then find out their husband is Gay (On the Down low) How can a woman detect if a man is gay? Is it posible?
Views: 754   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 18, 2006 11:12pm
by Billy
Sankofa Birds Perched on Yohimbe Trees
People of African descent from the Bayou to the Banks of West Africa, from Southeast Asia to the shores of Cuba know the disalignment that comes from having inherited the historical and spiritual fog left in the wake of our enslavement . . . http://terryhowcott.co...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2006 7:57am
by Terry Howcott
Bold, Comprehensive Black Website
This board is beautiful, and I thank Denise for introducing me to it. I'm Terry Howcott. I'm writing to alert you to my relatively newly launched online experience WWW.TERRYHOWCOTT.COM You'll quickly see that it's much more than a website. It's a publishin...
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2006 3:53am
by Terry Howcott
Why is it so hard to find a good man
Why is it so hard to find a good man, this is a question many women ask and discuss with friends. But many men disagree with the comment that there are know good men, they counter this argument with the point that many women fail to recognise a good man and fall for...
Views: 759   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 8:16am
by Queen
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Free Forum powered by Bravenet