Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is your man caught in the closet?

Many black women like Author Terry McMillan Get married then find out their husband is Gay
(On the Down low)
How can a woman detect if a man is gay? Is it posible?

Re: Is your man caught in the closet?

Many men are on the down low these days, in my home town of Atlanta if your man goes out you wonder if he's out seeing another woman or another man.
I have nothing against gay men or woman, however I do take exception to a man toying with my emotions while he decides if he is gay or not. I would not even like to say what I would do if my man came out of the closet.

Let me just say I love this site

Two years ago I divorced my husband after coming home sick from work to find him in the bed with a male member of my church. There were no warning signs, no Clues, no feminine behavior. Nothing that would make me even suspect he was gay
My X husband was 6'10 and 290 pounds and behaved every bit as manly as his size and looks portrayed. It has taken me the last two years to really regain my confidence and self believe as the experience totally shook my soul to the core.

I have been following the Terry Mcmillan Story on the morning shows and BET and think her husband is just a leach who took her for a ride, I believe he new he was gay before they met.
Fight him Terry; don't give that sorry excuse for a man a dime.

hard core closets,never commit to anyone man or woman,They choose to damage men ,women,and themselves for whatever reason

Down Low brothers are very hard to detect, they look, act and react as a normal hetro mail.

Once upon a time, you could spot a gay guy a mile off, now you just can't tell.
I hope i don't get lots of emails for this but so many of the downlow brothers are hiding in the most unexpected places like.....Church (Big Hide out spot), the gym ( Oh my God) some of the finest men in the gym are as bent as a crow bar...lol and finally and this one is a shocker the best and most popular hide out is MARRIAGE.

Ladies take note.

LOL @ Sabrina... but girl you're telling the truth... it's sad that they cloak themselves in the sanctity of marriage and church

Never had any experience w/ a DL brother... (Sorry you went through that Patsy) I would be hurt to learn about my husband’s infidelity – but even more devastated if I discovered he was steppin' out with a man. Nevertheless, cheating is cheating. Best thing to do, I feel, is to look and listen. Always be tuned in to your relationship esp. if he is spending extended time away from home... when he's away, you can't seem to get in contact w/ him... catching him in lies... etc. Listen to your “something ain’t right” radar (not paranoia :-). If you feel something’s up, that’s your cue that something’s probably is.

There is a saying......proverb, if you will............
" YOU NEVER SEE SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE"
There is always a warning, the truth is many women, we like to ignore certain signs or signals thinking we can change things; change the man.

We are so used to fixing things ourselves that we often forget, not everything that is broken needs to be fixed.

what are more indications that your man might be gay or bi-sexual

I had the opportunity to research bros onthe dl I
really feel sorry for the bros on the dl cause you think you will never be caught up with such mess and then one day you find yourself in this predicament. I had fella talk real bad about me in high school and then turn around some years later they come out on the dl was it there all the time yes it was now they trying a new twist. damn fools.also they think like women best friends and nobody will find their nasty a$$ out.
Holla
B-Out