Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Addressing a Ghanaian man, pro-Afr.Amer., on an African website forum(KWANZAA period)

Keep up the good work Pius, I too went to Howard in the early 70s. Have been to Africa many times. As an African American, having been to Ghana many times also, I understand the limited thinking/short-sighted views many Africa-born have today. I understand the type of education African Blacks have received in Africa and how the clear lack of a worldview concerning Blacks globally is handed down from the parents to the children in Africa often.
So with such understanding, when I meet Africa-born Black men in the US and want to introduce them to the knowledge I have learned while sitting in the company of very wealthy white males, more than once, the Africa-born males do not have the time or patience. I understand. Such is one of the few real gifts of being born outside of Africa, in this life as a Black male, once one has travelled globally.
I can sit in Ghana right now and teach a room full of Ghana's best and brightest students how to make a billion dollars collectively in one year for Ghana, VERY EASY. BUT Africa-born men, in positions of power, will not listen to me. Their minds will be too full of calling me a whiteman, obruni, yevu, akata, etc. normally behind my back. Plus they will be afraid if the women find out about me, they will have unbeatable competition. So yes, Africa still suffers because the leadership does not realize the global Black resources mentally available to Africa right now. As they use the excuse, "Black Americans" egos are too big, so arrogant. Translated: Meaning the Africa-born leadership does not want the Blacks born outside of Africa to come in and do the things needed for Africa, they can not and have not done. The African think tank in places like Ghana, resort to using Liberia as a safety valve/escapism for their rationale.
When I come to Africa, I hang with Africa-born. I do not go looking for ONLY African Americans to hang with. In America, it is seldom an Africa-born does the same with African Americans. Example: It is Kwanzaa holidays now in the US. The ONLY 7 days in the whole year where Africa-born, now in America, can find a room full of African Americans deeply in love with Africa and wanting help, in all major US cities. This has been going on for 40 years. Do the Africa-born, living in the US, see the opportunity sitting in front of them...NO! Why? Because Africa-born are too closed-minded, stuck on tribal , religious differences and false-nationalism distractions. So much so, Africa-born from different countries and tribes can not even band together in America or Europe for the whole of Africa; so distrustful of each other's motives. I UNDERSTAND!
Yet with such mindsets, Africa can not break free and be all she can be!
That I don't understand.