Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Black on black crime is this now a world wide epidemic

With the well publicized killings of young black teenagers killing each other in both the US and UK, we ask the question is this now a global problem or epidemic which until now has gone unnoticed?

Re: Black on black crime is this now a world wide epidemic

I would just like to say that the young brothers killing each other in the US, UK, Caribbean and Africa are all young men with no direction in life. The reasons for killing may be different dependant on where they are from, but the underneath it all our young men have lost a respect for life.

It's sad, i think we all need to shoulder the blame for this situation. It's time to go back to our roots and become an extended family again. We need to bring back the village mentality which once held us together no matter what was thrown at us.

Re: Black on black crime is this now a world wide epidemic

It is not so much that these young men have no direction in life. It is more that they are pointed in the wrong direction. Using violence rather than learning to communicate non-violently, for the benefit of our whole community. Young people today (that makes me sound old, dunnit) are too focused on the material things in life. These kids are looking for bling as a way to make them feel better than themselves. Plus they have this macho thing going, gangs fighting over territory, etc.

Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is used to heal communities and heal lives. It is crucial that our community learns skills in NVC. For more info, visit:

http://tinyurl.com/ywjm33

Peace,
Zhana