Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dying from Loving a Down Low Brother

This is really terrifying, simple.
I believe when one steps out of the confines of God's direct command on how to live...chaos is the result.
If women would simply wait and read the signs they see, stop and identify the smoke they smell.........act on what has been placed before them and not indulge in anything that theyhave questioned....sometime we act too quickly..... as for men, hmmmmmm it is heartbreakin to read some of these experiences. i think men need to own up to what they do; women too. But we are a greedy nation :everyone wants cake and lil something on the side......

Re: Dying from Loving a Down Low Brother

I believe that AIDS is a big problem amongst both the heterosexual and gay male population no matter what color, financial status, and/or profession. It is sad how both gay men and black women are so free to give of their bodies without asking the potential partner if they have ever been tested for AIDS, how recent, and if they can see the results. If he has failed at the first two questions or has taken a test but refuses to let you see the results then you need to run away quick.

Even being a lesbian I like to get history on females that I plan to be sexually involved with because I refuse to be with a female who is a "hoe" or who has been with a man in the past 3-4 years. My partner and I got tested together and I think that was the one of the biggest ways that I could show her how much I love her was by not being afraid to get tested together. But in all I thank God that I am a lesbian because I am at a much, much lower risk at contracting the AIDS virus.

All of the blame can not and should not be placed on gay men nor bisexual men for the spread of HIV and AIDS. Men that are truely heterosexual should be to blame as well. Someone I knew a while ago has a sister who recently found out that she has AIDS and she got it from her husband who left the marriage for a period of time and was shacking up with another woman. Shortly after he returned to his wife the mistress died from AIDS. Earlier this year he too died from AIDS and now the wife has it. But this is the killer, these people are old enough to be my parents!!!!!!!

This is just a sad, sad issue in America. Black women need to wake up and stop being so irresponsible and dumb when it comes to sex and protecting themselves. We are the mothers of the Earth and soon there is going to be none of us left if we keep letting this good-for-nothing brothers feed us bull in our ears about how much they love us and if we really love them we won't require them to wear a condom or for that fact wait until marriage. SMH....

Re: Dying from Loving a Down Low Brother

This issue has more to do with women's choices, then men's choices. Women, today, tend to be attracted to men that will not commit to them. They choose men, that they know are with other partners. They are just assuming that they are, exclusively, women.

Allot of women are in denial. They want a warrior. However, many of our warriors, have been in and out of (all-male) institutions since their youth. [firenbooks.bravehost.com]