Black Issue Forum
Join the Mailing List

Enter your name and email address below:

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe

Return to Website

BlackIssue Forum

This forum is for discussing issues affecting the black community.

Get involved don't just read the comments of others; add your own opinion to the forum. 

Debate is a powerful thing; it gives insight and understanding, so join in.

BlackIssue Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why is it so hard to find a good man

Why is it so hard to find a good man, this is a question many women ask and discuss with friends.
But many men disagree with the comment that there are know good men, they counter this argument with the point that many women fail to recognise a good man and fall for the thug type or Mr Bling Bling. But the average hard working guy is often overlooked.

We would be interested in your opinions on this matter.

Re: Why is it so hard to find a good man

I think the the question should be are men that are incontrol of their ego's hard to find and to that question i would say yes.
I have me lots of guys who could be considered a good guy, however when you add peer pressure and living up to friends expectations thats when to me i have always found a problem.
I am looking for a man that can be a man but has the ability to know when to be a partner, boyfriend or husband and has the strength of caracter to say no guys im chilling with my woman tonight. So if there are any guys out there like that. Holla

I think it is hard to find a good man because if a man is worth the salt he wouldnt be out there single, would he?

Well if i guy is single does not mean he is no good. What if he broke up with a woman because she was not right for him.

Good men are easy to find just open your eye's

these ****** don't understand the word relationship they think that it means i'll just **** you when i can, they think that if they do fall in love with someone she got to be halle berry. but, everyone doesn't look like her she beauitful don't get wrong. ****** ain't **** and they don't think about nobody but, themselves. its hard to find a man cause everytime you, you find dumbies ***** you'll every know. bottom line don't look for something that's or someone that is not there. because if you do you'll find something that you are not for!!!! WAIT! they'll find you.

www.afrointroductions.com

not being rude but i think your looking toooooooo hard maybe everyday you sit next to a good man but insted of enjoying life an letting him *** to you your looking over his head trying to find wot iz infront of u

It's not hard to find a good man, first we need to define what is ment by "a good man". This means something different to every person. We all respond to different qualities in a partner. Most of the time we are not even really sure what it is we are lookin for and we do not take into consideration that no body is perfect. Personally I take the stance that if I can put up with the worst of a man and he can put up with the worst of me then we are in with a chance.

Mary said:

I think it is hard to find a good man because if a man is worth the salt he wouldnt be out there single, would he?
---------------------------------------
Sorry sis, think that statement is made out of ignorance and no disrespect meant..It also assume there is a lot of good black women out there like a warehouse full. Not the experience of many...Even though we know there are good sisters around..

One of the reasons why your comments is flawed is that many ambitious and serious brothers actually prefer to be single. Try achieving any thing significant or difficult with many black women and to be honest you can often be better without them.

Problem is when you have achieved your goal too many don't look appealing. Even though nothing better than a black woman of quality to me and no other group can compare and quite frankly not interested to find out..

Peace.

I think it's more like....Why is it hard for me to reconize a good man for me when I see him? The man that I need in my life, might not be a good man for the next lady. I know I have an idea of what I want my man to be like. He's much different from what I thought wanted 20 years ago. Maybe I'll just let him find me. If he is willing to put up with my good and bad habits; then maybe he'll be worth checking out.

I believe approach has alot to do with this.
Many women are looking when by creation we are the gatherers and men are the hunters-THEY ARE TO LOOK/SEARCH FOR US!

Men will tell you, when they feel a woman is trying todo their job it become an offense............sister let us relax and let the men seek and find us!