Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Harold Bloom - The Western Canon (pdf)
Harold Bloom - The Western Canon (pdf) > http://nutshellurl.com/421lc Harold Bloom - The Western Canon (pdf), fast track schedule 10.rar b92c5eb40e Video2brain Fireworks Cs6 Web Workflow etka 7.3 for android...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2016 3:31pm
by neylaraj
HASPHL2012.rar
HASPHL2012.rar > http://tinyurl.com/n7km5sy HASPHL2012.rar 97ffa81d91 madagascar 3 mp4 movie free download A Guide to Growing Tobacco.pdf paky89 versione 3.0.0 Powershape 12137 Crack Download sap bo 4.0...
Views: 1023   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 7:22pm
by meeghdelt
a
alelat
[FULL] World Of Tanks Multi Hack Torrent
[FULL] World Of Tanks Multi Hack Torrent > http://tinyurl.com/p683yfg [FULL] World Of Tanks Multi Hack Torrent 972c82176d free download audit theory reviewer by roque pdf  nubile film-adds  The G...
Views: 470   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2014 1:36pm
by alelat
Grandmaster Lee Pal Yong
Anyone knows somthing about Grandmaster Lee Pal Yong? Cause I was a former student of him in Sarawak and lost contact.
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 4:19am
by Herbert
Dam Toi
Is anyone familiar with the Dam Toi forms or any other names for them? please email me at cmando@hotmail.com
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2004 7:54pm
by Disciple
Len Losik
Len wrote: " Len Losik Date Posted: Dec 1, 03 - 10:26 AM Message: Dear Mr. Segarro, I have twice attempted to use your expertise in reviewing my written material and correct mistakes I may have made in my written material, but you refused to help me afte...
Views: 545   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 30, 2004 8:22am
by Bruce W Sims
:
:-)
WEB
Hello D.S. is this link from you?? http://www.diazsoobahkdo.com/WMDK.html
Views: 427   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 10, 2004 5:52am
by Ann Johnson
m
mohaz
translation
greetings all i need the english to korean translation of "peacful warrior or calm warrior written in english please help thanks mohaz
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2003 11:24am
by mohaz
Please move to the new message forum.
Please use the new forum www.warrior-scholar.com click new forum. Thank you
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2003 10:18pm
by D.Segarra
Moo Duk Kwan So Rim Jang Kwan and Tae Kuek Kwan Hyungs Now Available by Len Losik
The Moo Duk Kwan So Rim Jang Kwan Hyung is available in the book, "Tang Soo Do Korean Empty Hand Self Defense Book of Hyungs Volume III", Second Edition. The Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kuek Kwan Hyung is available in the Book, "Tang Soo Do Korean Empty Hand Self Defense Boo...
Views: 567   Replies: 27
Last Post: Dec 1, 2003 6:20pm
by NicK
f
Felipe
Sip Dan Keum
PLEASE MASTER SEGRRA CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT Sip Dan Keum SET THAT THE KOREAN SBD-MDK LEARN??
Views: 404   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2003 1:35pm
by D.Segarra
Characters
Greetings I need some help. The exact chinese characters for Soo Bahk Do. How are the written and in what order should they appear? Anyone have some online reference? I have a gift in mind for my instructor, and looking the patch, it seems like it says "soo mo...
Views: 410   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 29, 2003 10:00am
by Soo Moo Bahk?
NEW SITE & MESSAGE BOARD IS UP!
Greetings everyone, the new site is up and the new message board as well. There will be a bit of a learning curve but it is worth it. This board has a ton of features this one does not. Be patient as I am learning how to use it as well. I would like your feed back on...
Views: 395   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 26, 2003 9:32pm
by Charles Ferraro
article in Journal of Asian Martial Arts
The current quarterly issue of the Journal of Asian Martial Arts (Volume 12 ~ Number 4 ~ 2003), features a lengthy article entitled "Ancient Military Manuals and Their Current Relation to Modern Korean Martial Arts", written by Manuel E. Androgue, an Argentine lawyer...
Views: 379   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2003 9:15pm
by perdurabo
New Website
Greetings all, the New Website is coming along. It will be up in the next 48-72 hours. Please be patient if things get a little buggy. This message board will continue up for another month or two until I get the other one up and running and everyone gets used to movi...
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2003 10:51pm
by D.Segarra
Alternative Medicines
PBS did a documentary special recently on their Frontline specials, in which alternative medicines were examined as a political, social and medical phenominon of modern America. I found the special well done, and even handed. Here is the website: Frontline Special...
Views: 183   Replies: 28
Last Post: Nov 20, 2003 8:39am
by Peter D'Adamo
A good martial artist is like a Jedi. Just don't fall to the dark side. A class Poem I wrote and wo
I had to read a poem for one of my classes but I decidedto write my own instead. I feel that the "jedi" mindset is strikingly similar to the ideal teacher as well as martial artist. The jedi are martial artists. Kinda like space samurai. I thought I did a good job an...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 17, 2003 9:50pm
by Charles Ferraro
Web Site updates and changes coming soon.
Greetings everyone, I am in the process of changing to another webserver. In the next week or so the site will have a new message board and other perks. The old server was way to expensive and outdated. The new server has a bunch of bells and whistles that I hope you...
Views: 207   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 17, 2003 5:07pm
by KungFuRen
Favorite Sparring Techniques
What are your favorite tried and true sparring techniques - the ones you rely on when you're facing dangerous competition or fall back on when you're in doubt? I am a double-kicker, and favor my right leg. My left leg I refer to as my "Weekend at Bernie's" leg, bu...
Views: 198   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 17, 2003 12:47pm
by Rich
j
jack
Ben's question about GM Pak- I stand corrected.
Ben, I double checked & he STARTED in '67. He got his cho dan in '70. My mistake. jack
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2003 5:24pm
by jack
j
jack
Master Pak's seminar (for Leviathan)
Leviathan, I would have sent this direct to you, but I don't have your email. GM Pak has admitted that the cost iw WAY too high. He himself charges about $40 for 2-3 hours. He does a good seminar, but not sure if it is worth that. Ed Samane set the cost. He tried...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2003 5:12pm
by jack
Holy Ads, Batman!
I guess bravenet decided it wasn't making enough money and decided to add ads and popups to annoy us.
Views: 226   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 16, 2003 4:45pm
by Leviathan
b
Ben
Ho Sik Pak
Anyone know what Ho Sik Pak's background is and his MDK Dan Bon number is? Or did he train in Taekwondo Moo Duk Kwan? Ben
Views: 290   Replies: 18
Last Post: Nov 16, 2003 6:39am
by Ben
Ten Articles of Faith, 8 and 9
8. Fight Only in Justice and Honor 9. Never Retreat in Battle I think these points are worth discussing, because their implications could not only be misconstrued; but the consequences could, potentially, be mortal. First off, I have noticed that differen...
Views: 261   Replies: 18
Last Post: Nov 14, 2003 12:14pm
by Dave Tenedorio
Ho Sik Pak Philadelphia Seminar?
When and where is Grandmaster Pak, Ho Sik's seminar being held this weekend in Philadelphia? How does one go about signing up? Do you have to be a member of his Federation? I searched his site and couldn't find any information.
Views: 229   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2003 4:20pm
by jack
Soo do mahki
The recent thread on hyung applications got me thinking about our soo do mahki. What is it used for apart from an inside/outside type block? why does the other hand rest at stomach level? why do both hands come back to the hip first? Thanks in advance Tang Soo...
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2003 6:42pm
by JH
j
JH
Henry Murphy CD Books
I just received my CD books by Henry Murphy today. I received a seminar CD...not bad...kinda interesting...and his Tang Soo Do Vol. 2 today. Now vol. 2 was fantastic. Especially when you realize when this was first published. The CD also has forms demonstrations...
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2003 6:38pm
by JH
Teaching young offenders
I would be interested in peoples views about teaching young offenders aged 12 - 17 years Tang Soo Do A Young offenders secure unit here in the UK is advertising for full and part time Physical Training instructors and qualified coaches (I was considering offering so...
Views: 186   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 11, 2003 9:53am
by Dale Cooper
k
Kuiwu
Proper Mindset
As some of you know, I am researching. I have a question regarding your personal insights. In the United States especially I have noticed different "master's" opinions on what behavior and mindset should be. Some profess serenity, while others claim that behavior...
Views: 208   Replies: 35
Last Post: Nov 10, 2003 5:45pm
by KungFuRen
Gichin Funakoshi footage
I just found this , here you can find Funakoshi Sensei doing the Tekki's ( Naihanchi's) : http://www.shotokan-arts.com/katavid.htm David
Views: 273   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 10, 2003 6:28am
by Kyoshi
g
G
Nov. 9, 1945
Happy Birthday Moo Duk Kwan!
Views: 208   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2003 1:59pm
by *Boy
Technique Application (Part One)
Since there are so many interpretations for different techniques within hyung, I thought I'd throw a few techniques out there in various hyung and let everyone respond with their interpretation for each technique. I'll reserve my interpretation until later so that I...
Views: 253   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 7, 2003 4:56am
by JH
m
MC
So Rim Jang Kwon
Dear all, I think master Ferraro brings an intersting point. IF SRJK is something KJN Hwang learned from Sifu Yang, then based on the amount of time he studied with Sifu, it probably isn't that advanced. On the other hand it may be something that he rediscdovere...
Views: 280   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 5, 2003 10:00pm
by KungFuRen
So Rim Jang Kwon (Myo Sim Connection?)
I recently spoke with a colleague of mine that practices Myo Sim Karate about So Rim Jang Kwon and its origins. While discussing Myo Sim, I found it interesting that Myo Sim's founder, Master Sung H. Hong, studied under Master Lee, Nam-Suk who studied under Master Yo...
Views: 389   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 5, 2003 8:45pm
by Mac
h
Hellen
To all master's Q... for SRJK ...help ?
After the long diatribe between some master please any of you out ther can help to make the point on the MDK SRJK?....somthing is going on but we lost the best info... so that this discussion board has no archivie to go back and see some old reply. Please Masters ca...
Views: 197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 4, 2003 10:24pm
by KungFuRen
Yi, Won-Kuk
I just read somewhere that Yi, Won-Kuk actually trained with Funakoshi sensei. Anyone know anything about that?
Views: 193   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 4, 2003 8:19pm
by KungFuRen
Free Forum powered by Bravenet