Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So Rim Jang Kwon (Myo Sim Connection?)

I recently spoke with a colleague of mine that practices Myo Sim Karate about So Rim Jang Kwon and its origins. While discussing Myo Sim, I found it interesting that Myo Sim's founder, Master Sung H. Hong, studied under Master Lee, Nam-Suk who studied under Master Yoon, Byung-In who first studied martial arts in Manchuria - the same place Grandmaster Kee, Hwang supposedly studied Northern Chinese Kempo.

At that point, I asked what forms that are part of the Myo Sim curriculum come from this Chu'an-fa influence.

The three forms we discussed were:

Don Kwon (Tuanquan) - short fist

Chang Kwon (Changquan) - long fist

Pal Ki Kwon (Bajiquan) - 8 flags fist

I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about these forms and if there is a connection to So Rim Jang Kwon.

Re: Re: So Rim Jang Kwon (Myo Sim Connection?)

the names of these sets are very intriguing to me...any place i can get a look at them? videos? books? schools on the central coast area in california?-J

Re: Re: Re: So Rim Jang Kwon (Myo Sim Connection?)

You can watch So Ho Yun on Master Mac's site.

Re: Re: Re: So Rim Jang Kwon (Myo Sim Connection?)

I've seen some videos of them, but they weren't anything you could purchase. There are some TKD schools who do them.

Re: Re: So Rim Jang Kwon (Myo Sim Connection?)

But none of them are the MDK SRJK.

JH