Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So Rim Jang Kwon

Dear all,

I think master Ferraro brings an intersting point. IF SRJK is something KJN Hwang learned from Sifu Yang, then based on the amount of time he studied with Sifu, it probably isn't that advanced. On the other hand it may be something that he rediscdovered, and spun to suit his needs.....

I understand from the posts that there exists a SooBahk Do Text (in hangul I presume) that details the moves in text, but without pictures or sketches?

Be Well,

MC

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And....

I beg to differ. As no one else has ever even heard of such a thing...the fact the certificate arrived with a T on it would not necessarily be an indication of anything. It wasn't until Dan got to asking about it that he learned what it meant. I will ask Dan further about the situation when I get time.

Maybe Dan Segarra can ask H.C.Hwang about it...as no one else seems to remember ever seeing a 'Temporary' certificate issued before or since.

JH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And....

Thats why I was VERY clear in saying... it would mean such a thing to ME. That is how I would interpret it, so you really can't beg to differ. I would be interested in knowing what the logic was for issuing one, other than pure politics. To me that is the only thing that makes sense... its not like he was given an honorary rank.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And....

Trust me it wasn't pure politics...it was probably because of the reasons I have stated in earlier post. Truthfully, Dan Nolan wasn't a large enough fish for KJN Hwang to be playing politics. This is no offense to Mr. Nolan. I just don't see the political gain by such an action. It had to do with what KJN Hwang perceived as requirements not met to his satisfaction and allowing Mr. Nolan to return to his dojang without losing face. I think KJN Hwang was probably experimenting with the Temporary designation at that time and probably abandoned it shortly thereafter when he determined that it no longer served him or his purposes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And....

You are probably right sir.