Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
article in Journal of Asian Martial Arts

The current quarterly issue of the Journal of Asian Martial Arts (Volume 12 ~ Number 4 ~ 2003), features a lengthy article entitled "Ancient Military Manuals and Their Current Relation to Modern Korean Martial Arts", written by Manuel E. Androgue, an Argentine lawyer and veteran practitioner of traditional Tae Kwon Do. The article discusses the Muye Dobo Tong Ji and other ancient Korean and Chinese military training manuals, and how those writings have technically and philosophically influenced modern Korean systems including Soo Bahk Do (Tang Soo Do)Moo Duk Kwan. The author gives lengthy credit to founding Kwan Jang Nim Hwang Kee, and current Kwan Jang Nim Hwang Hyun Chul, for interpreting and utilizing the concepts found in the Muye Dobo Tong Ji.

The journal can be found in the USA at Borders Books and (I think) Barnes & Nobles Stores too. It can be ordered online directly from the publisher at http://www.goviamedia.com.

Respectfully,
LF

Re: article in Journal of Asian Martial Arts

Here's a link to the website, in case anyone wants to order it. I looked in my local Barnes and Nobles and didn't find it.

Thanks for the heads up, however.