Return to Website

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board

A place for Soo Bahk Do - Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan members to connect and discuss the martial arts. *Note we reserve the right to delete any posts that are disrespectful. This is a board for Warrior-Scholars, visitors are expected to behave as such*

Warrior-Scholar Discussion board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To all master's Q... for SRJK ...help ?

After the long diatribe between some master please any of you out ther can help to make the point on the MDK SRJK?....somthing is going on but we lost the best info... so that this discussion board has no archivie to go back and see some old reply.
Please Masters can you make an exact point for the research?
Thank you.
Hellen. (Swiss)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To all master's Q... for SRJK ...help ?

this brings up something to think about certainly, but the taichichuan guys especially the yang family from my experience have always made it clear that they are not shaolin, often speaking of it in a little disdainful manner as "hard style"...funny, like it dirtys their tongue. this of course is dogma.
there is a shaolin version of taichi, i have seen, and have a form of it drawn out in notes somewhere with little pictures of the form...but given the fame of the shaolin temple, and the distaste for "hard style" that is noted among yang masters(cheng man ching in fact called it "second class boxing" if memory serves) if something is labeled shaolin (sorim), i'd think it'd be shaolin in origen. now that's not to say that yang chen kuo wouldnt have been versed in shaolin...remember everybody, it was almost a cumpulsory for a child to grow up learning martial arts basics...most of which grounded in shaolin.

interesting theory Kungfuren...i'd like to see if there is any substance to it historically. i'll let you know if i find anything out. Tang Soo!-J

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To all master's Q... for SRJK ...help ?

Well... its not taijiquan but there is a set that might be able to shed some light on it... in Korean it is called Keum Gan Kwan... diamond fist...Jin Gang Quan in Chinese. It was a qigong set taught at Songshan, or so it is said anyhow, to strengthen the older monks. Not Taiji, but close... and reminescent of the Chil Sung in my mind... very close in principle.