Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 5yr old grandaughter

thanks for the reply it means alot.
i went into school and they said when i leave her she usually stops crying and goes on as if nothing happened, she is doing ok at school no real problems with her work she is typical 5 yr old.Only worry they seem to have is with her helping herself to other peoples stuff. they said they can refer me to behaviour unit which i agreed with so im just waiting for them to get in touch.
Casey doesnt see her parents she has been with me since she was 3 month old, parents descided life without her was better. (more fool them i say). she does know im her nana and not her mam but dont think she fully understands any of it yet and i dont think i could start to explain to her yet why she came to live with me.(i will do when she is old enough to take it in). ive been looking at articles about adhd and there is so many different things to look at i dont honestly know where to start.
im just hoping this behaviour soon dies down so i can get the casey back i know. Again thanks for reply

Re: 5yr old grandaughter

I hope the behavioural referral comes through soon. You sound so lovely and accepting....she's really lucky to have you....
I'm just wondering if any other lovely children have said something to her (like 'Your mum didn't want you'), something they've picked up from their parents.....? Just an idea.....
I'm sure with your consistent love she'll get through this!!!!