Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: My 13 yr old step son and drugs

Hi there,
What about telling thoses around you why your so against drugs calmly. Don't know if it will work!
Word of warning though the police will do nothing been there done that to scare my son. We asked if they could lock him up (he's 15) no they're not aloud to that anymore - they suggested taking him to the hospital to be tested - but they didn't want to---said it would have been out of his system -- so why are they so high so long?!
Theres not much help around - yes you can be taught what to look out for but what do you do when you've found it?! well I can't find any help anyway. It all seems so acceptable and expected. Stick to your guns and deel with it the best you can. I,v grounded our kid but we have to let him go out sooner or later.

Re: My 13 yr old step son and drugs

Hi deb, I have told then why Im so against drugs, from day one for the past three years Ive told them.

In stead of respecting that, drugs were still brought into the house. Is there anywonder why I am "over reacting".

Worse still now, my step son wants to talk to his "drug pushing" daddy. Like father like son.

Im beating my head against a wall.

There are things happening with my step son now that are beyonf belief. The Social Services are involved now. Like always I found this out 2nd hand. My wife hasnt told me.
Im supposed to be a member of this family but Im being kept in the dark. Ive got the biological "dad" to contend with now.

Re: Re: My 13 yr old step son and drugs

Hi Adrian

As was said earlier you have to stick to your guns. A thirteen YO female relative started on 'recreational' drugs and is now 17 yo drop out, extremely depressed, self harming, no future, a physical wreck, smoking 20 'joints' a day and whatever else - all because it got out of hand. parents dont know what to do now. Expect the worst and it can only be better. Good luck.

Fiona

Thanks fiona.

Everything is happening now. My Stepsons bio father is a "drug dealer", and as my Step son wants to see him, "drugs" will only be glorified.

I will stick to my guns, even if it means I lose everything, even my wife.

whenI was told about my sons drug taking, I must admit I exploded and threatened to string him up (just words meant to scare him). or course I was the bully, thug call it what you will.
I did ask him what he would have thought if I said to his mother "I dont want to knowm YOU deal with it!" what kind of father would that make me.
"Not a very good one", he said it not me. His mother heard it too.
I said to his mother because this is putting a strain on our marriage. If it meant that he stays away from drugs then I would do it again!