Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: son needs his daddy

I keep telling myself that I will stop leaving messages and then I read one more issue and feel like I just HAVE to respond. I definitely sympathize as a divorced (now remarried) mom myself. I am so sorry because it is just physically and mentally exhausting to be caring for a child alone. I hope you can find some support somewhere...somehow- Whether you connect with the MOMS organization around you (check the Internet- it's worth getting involved) or can find a some other church support group for new mothers...or check with the hospital because they often have support groups for mothers...then you can get to know other mothers in a safe environment and your children can learn to socialize... and possibly develop a trade-off childcare solution. Alot of times other mothers just want their children to have the exposure and interaction with their little peers. ANYWAY- you are NOT alone- I think we have all been there. The novelty of having the dad over the everyday mom seems to always win- and it's only the beginning- I hate to tell you. It's really something your child needs to get used to. And the baby will. I don't blame you for any bitterness you feel over the distance the father lives away from you but also know there's little you can do about it. Rather than insist the father play a more active role and risk creating more hostility your child will ultimately be exposed to and feel the reprecussion from, increase your resources. Begin with those support groups and start to seek out and accept the assistance from friends. It's really the best advice I can give.