Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: 13 yr old step daughter

Hi Jade,

Wow, thanks for taking the time to respond yet again, You know what? I think you may have saved my life. I remember hearing about 3 or 4 years years ago about a young offenders institute which is not too far from here who do a tour of the prison for children who have a high likelyhood of getting in trouble with the law. The success rate is really good. Tomorrow, I will contact them and see what they can do for me. Thank you for giving me that nudge, I had completely forgotten about it. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Regards,

Rob

Re: 13 yr old step daughter

Hi rob,

I have not had a chance to check back for a while I was just wondering how things are going.

Re: Re: 13 yr old step daughter

Hi momof2,

Thank you for your enquiry. Well, things are going ok at the moment. The first plan of action I took was to download some information on bootcamp and the like and left it where she would see it. When she did see it she asked what it was and I told her that her Mother and I could not cope with her violence any more. I said that we were concidering sending her to boot camp or maybe take her for a guided tour of the local young offenders institute. This, I think made her sit up and think about her actions because she broke down in tears pleading with us not to send her away. This lead Beth and I to having quite a grown up and calm conversation about these problems and basically it would appear that she does not have the vocabulary to argue back as most children do. Hence the violence is her way of arguing or answering back. She has been very honest with me in what she says and I respect her for that and I do think that things are looking up. I do know that she does need an insentive and I think maybe the boot camp thing could well be it. (A couple of years ago Beth and younger sister were at a stage when they were arguing every day (with out fail) and I foolishly said out of desperation that if they did not argue for a whole six months, I would pay them both £500 each. Guess what? I had to pay up. The greedy little tikes pulled it off, only just though.) So yes, I think boot camp could be the insentive she needs.
Since the big bust up there has been one situation where I have had to remind her about where she could be residing next if she didn't back down. This appeared to do the job.

So thank you for your concern, it's good to know that there are people out there who care.

Thanks again,
Kind regards,

Rob

Re: 13 yr old step daughter

Hiya Rob,
Im glad you got the situation with your 13 year old step daughter. Any Ideas how I deal with my stepson? See "13 year old stepson and drugs"

Ade