Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: please help, I am having behaviour problems with my 6yr old daughter

hi Cathy, what have the teachers said to you about it so far, and could anything have happened recently to trigger it, eg house move, or maybe has her teacher changed with the start of the new school year.

Re: Re: please help, I am having behaviour problems with my 6yr old daughter

Hi Amanda, Her teachers have been great with her. They are using the you are not a bad person, but you are making bad choices approach. They have been firm yet kind to her. They have asked me if she has had any changes at home, or experienced any trauma...but the answer is no, nothing has changed at home. I try asking her to tell me, but she just says that she doesn't like herself(something that she has never heard from us) and that she doesn't have any friends. Her teacher tells me that she sometimes seem to really like what she's doing and at other times seems so sad.

Re: please help, I am having behaviour problems with my 6yr old daughter

Cathy, its so hard isn't it when you can't see what your child is like at school. I did have the idea of asking the teacher to video the class so I could see what my daughter would be like so she is going to look into it. Have you tried talking to your health visitor, mine is great and has some really sound advice. I find that she is the neutral ground as she is not involved with the school. If you fancy a chat then amanda_astbury@hotmail.com