Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for info on Minasi and Porco Families

Rose Ciarlo
Hi my name is Rose & I live in Melbourne Australia. My mother's surname was Porco. She was born a twin to Rosina & Santo in Lago, Calabria in 1935. The family changed their surname from Porco to Maurini many years ago. I'm not sure if my grandparents had any brothers or sisters but I would love to find out. I understand Santo died in WW2 in the same year, 1935. Rosina passed away in 1986. My mother has 1 brother & 3 sisters that live in Cosenza and her twin sister lives in Australia.

Hi Rose, I'm just now seeing your message, so sorry, I hope you are still around and thank you for responding. Many years have passed and I stopped genealogy for a long while and just now have resumed the searches. It seems we may have a connection from what you have written. Was one of your mother's sister's named Luisa/ Louise? She lived in Almantea, Cosenza and had 1 brother that migrated to New York and changed his name to Parker. Don't know about the sisters. Hope you see this and years don't pass. I have an aunt and uncle in Brisbane on my dad's side. This is my mom's side of the family. Not many folks left anymore to tell us. Thanks.

Re: Looking for info on Minasi and Porco Families

Hi Rose and Ariana,

I am a descendant of Luisa Porco ( 1876 - 1909). My mother , Marion, was her youngest child. Luisa was from Amantea and emigrated to New York with her husband , Natale Minasi. They eventually settled in White Plains, New York. Luisa did have a brother who changed his name to Parker. Luisa’s parents were Rocco and Vincenza. Luisa’s sister emigrated to Chicago, but died at a young age. Her full name was Carmella Rose Porco Manno.