Return to Website

Our Calabrian Heritage

Discussions and research for People of Calabrian Ancestry.

Our Calabrian Heritage
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for info on Minasi and Porco Families

Hi I'm looking for relatives of Rocco and Natale Minasi of Scilla, Italy. They were my great great grandfather and great grandfather. Salvatore Erencino Minasi also born in Scilla, Calabria, is my grandfather. Luisa Porco from Almantea, Cozensa is my great grandmother, she married Natale Minasi. The Minasi's are a family of stonemasons. Rocco Minasi came to America briefly but returned to Italy in Scilla. If you have any information or know of anyone who can help, please contact me. I understand there is a street in Scilla named after Rocco Minasi. Thanks

Re: Looking for info on Minasi and Porco Families

Hi my name is Rose & I live in Melbourne Australia. My mother's surname was Porco. She was born a twin to Rosina & Santo in Lago, Calabria in 1935. The family changed their surname from Porco to Maurini many years ago. I'm not sure if my grandparents had any brothers or sisters but I would love to find out. I understand Santo died in WW2 in the same year, 1935. Rosina passed away in 1986. My mother has 1 brother & 3 sisters that live in Cosenza and her twin sister lives in Australia.

Rose Ciarlo
Hi my name is Rose & I live in Melbourne Australia. My mother's surname was Porco. She was born a twin to Rosina & Santo in Lago, Calabria in 1935. The family changed their surname from Porco to Maurini many years ago. I'm not sure if my grandparents had any brothers or sisters but I would love to find out. I understand Santo died in WW2 in the same year, 1935. Rosina passed away in 1986. My mother has 1 brother & 3 sisters that live in Cosenza and her twin sister lives in Australia.

Hi Rose, I'm just now seeing your message, so sorry, I hope you are still around and thank you for responding. Many years have passed and I stopped genealogy for a long while and just now have resumed the searches. It seems we may have a connection from what you have written. Was one of your mother's sister's named Luisa/ Louise? She lived in Almantea, Cosenza and had 1 brother that migrated to New York and changed his name to Parker. Don't know about the sisters. Hope you see this and years don't pass. I have an aunt and uncle in Brisbane on my dad's side. This is my mom's side of the family. Not many folks left anymore to tell us. Thanks.

Hi Rose and Ariana,

I am a descendant of Luisa Porco ( 1876 - 1909). My mother , Marion, was her youngest child. Luisa was from Amantea and emigrated to New York with her husband , Natale Minasi. They eventually settled in White Plains, New York. Luisa did have a brother who changed his name to Parker. Luisa’s parents were Rocco and Vincenza. Luisa’s sister emigrated to Chicago, but died at a young age. Her full name was Carmella Rose Porco Manno.