Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I need help with my 6yr old boy!!!

I am having the same problem with my 6 year old boy, which by no means is saying that it is "normal" or ok. There are 4 other children in his class with similar (or worse) behavioural problems, and they even hired a special assistanct teacher to deal with these children. My son is to the point where they said he will not move onto grade 1 if he doesn't get a handle on it. Things such as running out of the classroom, generally not listening, and getting upset over very simple things. He was never like that before school started (on his first day he CRIED when he had to GET OFF the school bus to come HOME *lol*) but now he dreads going in the morning. He just keeps saying "My brain can't do it. I CAN'T listen". I don't know how to handle it - they told us that he has the "smarts" of a child in grade 2 and is very advanced with math, reading, writing, etc. He is very intelligent; moreso than most kids his age. But his behaviour has become a huge issue. My husband and I try not to argue in front of him on how to deal with it. We have a great home/family life and are happy as husband and wife. We have tried organized team sports to see if this would help with his behaviour, but whenever there are multiple children and adults he just seems to want to talk above everyone and be the centre of attention. We do have 2 other children and he is the oldest. I am now also running into trouble with my 4 year old since he has started nursery with him talking back BIG TIME to me. I don't think these are "normal" behaviours, and I can't let it continue. Would really appreciate if anyone out there has advice for myself and Kim. =)

Re: Re: I need help with my 6yr old boy!!!

i cant believe there r others out there with the same problem. I thought it was me doing something wrong. My boy was f9 at nursery since joining school, he has become disruptive and the teacher says he has a "i dont care" attitude.He has this at school and home. He has had his DS taken away but he doesnt care, there is nothing that motivates him.Im told he punched a P4 boy and he is P1. I feel as he doesnt speak up about y he attacks others, and therefore gets the blame, i could be wrong please just help.