Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my 7yr old trouble with communication.

Some kids just don't make freinds until there older. My own daughter was a loner at that age and got bullied, I don't think they are loners BECAUSE they are bullied, I expect its the other way round, that they are naturally happy in their own company but society teaches kids they need to be popular so they become a target.

Keep going into the school, they need to do more to stop it, but don't make an issue out of her having no freinds atm (would you really want her to be popular with kids that bully?) let her be ok with that. After school clubs are good, a totally different atmosphere to school, easier for them to get bullies out, and some (karate, judo for example) don't need her to be anyones best freind to get enjoyment out of them and will boost her confidence.

A change of schools might do her good, yes, bullies everywhere but that doesn't mean they'd pick on your daughter and some schools are better at supporting kids that are being bullied. I did it a year ago and its made a huge difference.

Re: my 7yr old trouble with communication.

thanks for your reply its just nice to share it with someone thats not emotionaly involved. We have decide not to change schools at the moment as in sept she is having a teacher back in her class that she is very close to,  she is allready doin ballet and tap twice a week and swimming lessons, she also does piano, we would get her into judo, we will look into some kind of mind and body class, but she only has 3 days out of seven to play with her toys. cheers for your advice. will check with you again another time thankyou again,