Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 5yr old sleep change

He doesn't drink anything from about 6pm - not that I stop him he just doesn't.

x

Re: 5yr old sleep change

Have you tried making bedtime a bit earlier? Later is the one we usually think of but sometimes earlier is the solution especially if his days have become busier with school and all the stimulation it provides his mind.

Worries at school don't need to be big things, it could be something as simple as what game he's going to play at breaktime, things that aren't big enough to bother him during the day but niggle at bedtime.

Re: Re: 5yr old sleep change

Hi Ellie,

Thanks, I will try earlier although by the time we get in from school have dinner and bath etc its normally around 6:30pm But could perhaps try to aim for bed at 6:45pm.

I know what you mean, he came home crying on Friday because no one would sit with him at lunch and he had to sit with the girls, he was quite upset! His teacher says they all get over tired and ratty before the end of term. I also think he's had a fall out with his best friend but he won't talk to me about it. His teacher says they've been inseperable since sept and now they're starting to grate on each other. Reckon that could be a big cause of his sleeping.