Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: am i treating my kids like an adult??

thankyou so much.. i dont see how i could shout at him just because i was shouted at?

I dont want him getting 10/10 in spelling.. Like last week all week i mde him learn spellings of 5 words (he was going to be tested on in school on friday) and at home i asked him and he spelt all fine (with little hinting at one word) i even asked him to write it down and he wrote it all down but at school he only got 2/5 and i encouraged him and said its good but next time maybe get 3/5.

Its like he doesnt think for himself like going toilet he wouldnt go toilet unless i ask him! i have told him countless time to sound out the letters he can hear in a word but he just sometimes say letters he cant even hear sound of!

but yeah i realise that i have a problem and when they forget something i have said before it annoys me. but thats what i wanted to ask.. do children even remember things?

Re: Re: am i treating my kids like an adult??

yes it can be that you shout because you were shouted at, sometimes i say the exact words my mother used to say and i realise as i'm saying it, hey this is my mother speaking, cause yes as children we take in every thing without realising, and then use it later on in life. if i were you i would encourage more reading for fun even books for younger children, and you can try to make a game too, it works wonders for my daughter she say a word and i spell it if i get it wrong(which sometimes i do on purpose) she'll correct me and have another go if i get it right it's my turn(try to begin with simple words) and sometimes we play it in the car or even while we'r doing something at home like washing the plates. well good luck sometimes i know it's not easy not shouting but i realise that when i stay calm i achieve much more