Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: neighborhood kids picking on my son

Thanks for the advise. My husband is going to go visit the parents tonight and give them their final warning about their children. After that i will be calling the police. Im tired of them putting their hands on my son, enough is enough. i dont believe in violence but i feel like telling my son to go beat the cr*p out of them..... but i dont want my son stooping to their level.

Re: Re: Re: neighborhood kids picking on my son

Are these kids at the same school? I would report it to the headteacher too, if there in uniform its a school problem.

Good luck with the police.

Re: Re: Re: Re: neighborhood kids picking on my son

The kids go to the same school. No uniforms though. I reported it to the school and because its not happening on school grounds they say they cant do anything about it... same with the bus.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: neighborhood kids picking on my son

Hi Mandy,

I know how you must feel... definitely don't tell him to beat on them as he will be outnumbered besides!!!

If the parents aren't home when it's occurring, probably they just feel that their hands are tied -- they've got to work, right? How many of these kids are there? Maybe since you are home, you could (gulp) offer to have them bring their kids round before work. If they are in your home, you are in a better position to manage their behaviour -- your home, your rules.

I'm sorry I don't have any more helpful suggestions, that's a tough one.