Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: blended family

i think that it will take time for the kids to get along. if they only see each other at weekends its like playing with friends, as they are not living with each other,all kids fight when playing try not to worry about it too much. my son goes to stay with his dad at weekends and his girlfriend has 3 children they went through the same thing but it has settled down now. you could try setting them tasks or games where they have to work together that way it will take their minds off fighting and teach them its more fun to get on with each other than not. try to let them sort out their own fights as long as they are not kicking the crap out of each other. hope it helps debbie

Re: Re: blended family

Hi, I agree with Debbie, I would suggest you plan lots of outings where the kids can run around outside kicking a football, taking them bowling, to the park and visits in to the country, seaside etc. where they are not confined to the four walls. This should encourage them to get to know each other better in a situation where they can let off steam and be as loud and boisterous as they want to. Good luck, they probably just need time to adjust to each other.