Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AGGRESSIVE 26 MONTH OLD BOY- NEED SOME ADVICE

Hi

I have the same problem with my 27 month old son. He is biting and kicking at his creche. Behaviour is sporadic and some days he is brilliant. He is a very lovable child and gives loads of hugs and kisses. On friday he bit 3 children and was pushing and kicking and generally being very disruptive. He was very good at home all weekend but this morning in the creche he wont listen to the childminder and do as she says. I am at my wits end as another parent wants him taken out of the creche as he has bitten her child 3 times over the past few months. I am going to sit down with the creche this week and we are going to try and work together on consistent discipline and try to identify causes. My childminder suggested similar things to other replies for example food or sleeping. He does not sleep well at night and wakes up a lot looking for a bottle which we have stopped giving him.

I would be interested to know if you get any other advice

Good luck

Maria

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi - I have a 26 month old boy who is very active. Over the past several months, he has become very aggressive with my husband and I along with a few of his playmates. We have read every book out there and have tried almost everything but nothing seems to work. He has a time out room which is not effective at all. We have tried taking away his most favorite toys and it still does not deter his aggressive behavior. We do not use any physical punishment with our son and up until very recently, we were not "yellers" (I will admit that my patience has been worn thin and I have yelled at him recently). His aggressive behavior includes hitting other people, pulling them down or pushing them over and throwing toys and other household items. I am very interested in getting advice from other "parents". Thank you!