Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tommy'w would like to know if you couldn't quit smoking when pregnant - did your partner give up

i smoked through out my whole pregnancy with my son,i wanted to give up but felt there wasnt enough help or encouragement.
well the good news is i had my last cigerette before having my son,unfortunatly i had an emergency c_section at the last minute,but in a way it was a good thing as i was in so much pain that i couldnt have a cigerette even if i wanted one.
i gave up for 5 years.unfortunatly through a break up in my relationship i started again,but now i have committed with my mum who had 6 heart attacks this year to give up again,hopefully for good.

Re: Re: Tommy'w would like to know if you couldn't quit smoking when pregnant - did your partner giv

Hello, Just to let you know that as soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped smoking. I had tried before and couldn't seem to gather the willpower but as soon as I knew I was expecting that was it - it was no problem at all and three years on I am still a non-smoker