Practical Parenting Advice Online Parenting Course

Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tommy'w would like to know if you couldn't quit smoking when pregnant - did your partner give up? Di

Tommy's, the baby charity would like to hear from mothers who smoked during pregnancy. From those that continued to smoke throughout their whole pregnancy, those who wanted to give up but didn't know how, if you cut down, or if you found giving up a real struggle but did.

Tommy's fund research into the cause and prevention of stillbirth, miscarriage and premature birth. We need to recruit case studies to speak to the press in order to maximise awareness of pregnancy issues, to help those who are going through similar experiences and to help raise money for our research and pregnancy line.

If you would like to share your story with us please contact Marina Burton at mburton@tommys.org or 020 7398 3447.

Re: Tommy'w would like to know if you couldn't quit smoking when pregnant - did your partner give up

i smoked through out my whole pregnancy with my son,i wanted to give up but felt there wasnt enough help or encouragement.
well the good news is i had my last cigerette before having my son,unfortunatly i had an emergency c_section at the last minute,but in a way it was a good thing as i was in so much pain that i couldnt have a cigerette even if i wanted one.
i gave up for 5 years.unfortunatly through a break up in my relationship i started again,but now i have committed with my mum who had 6 heart attacks this year to give up again,hopefully for good.

Re: Re: Tommy'w would like to know if you couldn't quit smoking when pregnant - did your partner giv

Hello, Just to let you know that as soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped smoking. I had tried before and couldn't seem to gather the willpower but as soon as I knew I was expecting that was it - it was no problem at all and three years on I am still a non-smoker