Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 3 boys and Bedtime

I have 3 children. Two girls , 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 1 boy who is 2. I have just dropped the afternoon nap for my boy. I find that getting them all ready for bed at 6.30, into bed at 7, and stories all together in one room works (normally the girls room so they don't have to get out of bed again). I play a background 'baby relaxing sleep CD' at the start of story time on the landing. It calms them all down subconciously whilst I read. I then settle the girls who are out like a light because of the tape. Then I settle my little boy, who is ususally more difficult to calm down. I sit beside his bed, no eye contact and say goodnight. I give hime 5 mins and then leave, saying I will pop back later and that I have jobs to do. He will normally settle himself. If he does get out of bed, I return him with little chat and eye contact. Kiss goodnight and leave.
As your kids are in the same room, I would encourage same time bedtime, as they are still young. Later reward the older child, that if he is quite whilst the other two settle, he can read for an extra 10 minutes.

Re: 3 boys and Bedtime

if u need sum 1 2 handley them me and m8s can if u need help just ask my mobile num is 07704732087. my home no is 01692581583 yer just ask us we can handley the brats yer see u later bibi