Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Help....

Hi Deb,
I think her mum and dad play a big part in the problems she has. You ask if I get on OK with her mum, I have only met her mum the once, which was very uncomfortable, and all the other times I have had the chance of having the contact with her, she chooses to keep her distance. Her dad doesn't see the harm he is causing for his daughter, he is too busy blaming me, because until I came into his life, he never had these problems he said.

Suzie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help....

try to keep your chin up mate from what i know you are in the right here just dont know how you are going to make your partner to see what hes doing! and if you dont know her mum well enough to talk to her your stuck i will keep thinking about it if i have a brain storm will let you know
deb

Re: Help....

Thanks again Deb for your support, I think it has got to the stage now where leaving her to get on with it is the answer, everyone else seems too. Whatever I do doesn't seem the right thing, so why put myself through this any longer. My gut feeling tells me that ignoring this child is not the right thing to do, but that comes to my caring nature. Until the people closest to her see or want to recognise this child has a problem, then I really don't have any choice. I know it causes me so much distress, as this behaviour wouldn't be acceptable if my children were like it, and I would have seeked professional help by now, if they acted in the way my partners daughter does. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes a couple of years down the road when it backfires, because it will when she develops more in becoming a teen. I have tried and tried with this girl, and all I get is rejection from her, and there comes a time where enough is enough