Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help she keeps wetting herself

Hi my daughter is 3 1/2 yrs old and was potty trained when she was 2 and did great for 6 months until there was seperation in the family (her half brothers and sisters) Whom she hasn't seen for almost a year now. This led to her wetting her self constantly through what the health visitor said was a traumatic experience. But since then she has never recoverd at the beginning first few months she wet 7+ times a day since december she has improved some times she has good weeks when she will only wet one day in a week but she has recently over the last 2 weeks become extremely worse but only at home wetting about 3 times in the space of 3 hours. Yesterday she wet 4 times in an hr at nursery and same at home although this may have been because she is tired and at little unwell. But I'm at the end of my tether and don't know what to do we have tried reward charts etc which work for a short while but then she loses interest we have tried ignoring and tried telling her off but neither seem to work in a positive way has anyone else gone through this? Do you have any advice???? I really dont know where to go with this am so unhappy for her......Shes going to school nursery Sept so need to get her through this before then!! Every time she wets I cry as I don't know what to do.......

Re: help she keeps wetting herself

Put her back in pull ups. Sounds like you've got yourself into a vicious circle of her wetting herself becoming a stress so she wets herself more and now you have the pressure of needing her dry for nursery too.

Give it a couple of months and try again, you may find once the pressure is off she'll do it off her own accord anyway.