Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Help...2 children under 5!

Some good advice I was given when I was struggling and it really made a difference:

Spend 10 minutes every hour paying them full attention. Read them a story or play a game with them, give them a cuddle, tell them you love them..anything will do just keep it positive. It'll take a bit of effort at first but the changes will come quickly and they will be much more settled for having regular bursts of attention than you trying to cope with the day as a whole and you will get a bit of space from them without feeling bad about it.

Weather doesn't help and nor does having hubby coming floating in oblivious to the stresses of coping with kids alone all day.

If the meds help you then take them, all they do is top up the chemicals that your body needs to function properly...without them it can't.

HTH's

Re: Re: Re: Help...2 children under 5!

Medicines, like anti depressants, don't really help you feel better, you just got dependent on them.
You need to be positive about yourself and your husband needs to give you positive feedback and then you will feel better!!
I know this as I have been in this position.