Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dry Nights

Hi,

My son is going to be 4 this month and we would love to try and get him out of nappies at last. He's been out of them during the day for over a year and only had one accident in nursery in that year. We also have a 5 year old daughter who is out of nappies both day and night. She soon got to grips with the nightimes and she maybe wet the bed 3 times a week. She's been dry for about 7 months now and we're really pleased.

My son is wetting the bed between 1 and 3 times a night. We've done exactly the same as we did for his sister...no liquids after 5pm and lots of visits to the loo. I know boys are supposed to be worse than girls for this, but I was hoping he'd start adjusting to it. Do you think I should go back to nappies for 6 months? He gets upset he's wet and I'm worried about my washing machine breaking down.

Re: Dry Nights

Don,t worry he will get there, children all take different tme to do things. I would certainly go to pull ups though and do your same routine and one day the pull up will be dry. I have 5 children and 2 of mine did day and night in no time at all, but 1 took until she was 5 to be dry at night.
But always tell your son it doesn't matter about wet times and praise him loads for dry times and he will feel alot better in himself.
Good luck!

Re: Re: Dry Nights

Hi Ang,

Thanks for your email.

He'll be in pull ups tonight and we'll see what happens.

San