Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: email password

I'm no expert but here are my personal feelings. It had to cut like a dagger through your heart when he said that but all kids deserve a little privacy. Just like some children have diaries or friends they tell secrets to, his meathod is email. If you've read his emails before and never had a reason to worry, then try to confort yourself with that. HOWEVER, if his computer is not in a public room of the house, move it to one! Yes, he deserves his privacy but no child should have full access to a computer with no parents around. Give him some space but also watch as well. He is a child and limitations come along with being a child. I think if you told him that you respect his privacy and no longer feel the need to monitor his emails, it will make him feel proud. But tell him that you expect him to act with a level of maturity and that he can come to you if there is ever a problem, it will make him feel less intruded on and allow him to feel he can come to you and you'll handle it maturly.