Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Child Maintenance

I have 3 girls and my Ex husband refuses to pay child maintenance, he quit his full time job as CSA wanted him to pay £250 a month!
He won't speak to me face to face, only emails me for contact when he feels like it, as the girls were only babies when he left they don't really know him or like him. I have recently asked him to pay half for the new school uniform and also contribute £50 a month, but he refuses saying he only gets £37 wk income support.
I need advice on what to do, as this isn't fair to me, he wants to buy them nice presents and sweets when he sees them, but won't pay maintenance for the girls!

Re: Child Maintenance

Theres not much you can do until he goes back to work except keep on at the CSA who may eventually get you the standard £5 out of him.

One day your girls are going to have children of there own and understand that a good parent takes responsibility for their children, he'll have to do some fast talking to maintain there respect.

I suspect I could keep my ex living on the breadline for a very long time so he can avoid CSA payments and thats got to cramp his style especially with the ladies. If you can't beat them laugh at them.

Re: Re: Child Maintenance

Thankyou for your reply sarah, I see what you mean.
One day fathers will learn!!