Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7 year old son

I have just been to my son's parents evening. He is a very capable boy but he is not applying himself and his teacher says that he has a really bad attitude. This is the same at home, he is either really lovely or really horrible. Everything has to be centred around him and he does not like it if not, we also have a 3 year old girl who is easy going - which is a good job as she always has to take 2nd place to her brother. Would really appreciate some help on how to deal with son's attitude
Thanks

Re: 7 year old son

Hi Lisa your message mirrors my life i have a 7 year old boy and a 3 year old daughter who constantly fight my son is so naughty he back chats me and his dad all the time and come out with things like "You can't make me do that" he calls us 'loosers' and is generaly horrible i seam to be forever shouting at them to behave my mum tells me to ignore him but its hard when its in your face the moment you get up to bed time i long for bed times and hate waking up cause i know it's going to be the same old same. I'm thinking of going to Dr's to see if they have any answers have you got any profesional help or are you plodding on hoping it will improve?