Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11 y/o daughters tempers

Hi, I have an 11 year old daughter who reached puberty in the last year, she has gone from being a normal happy child to a monster, she screams and shouts at us constantly, says she hates her 12 y/o sister who is completely the opposite. She hates her hair, her self and has a really low esteem, and now says she hates us, we are thinking about a Child therapist as are lives are being ruined. All we have ever done is shown love and kindness to our daughter and possibly spoiled her to much, but we cant take any more abuse. Help

Re: 11 y/o daughters tempers

i dont think a therapist will help much. it sounds to me like normal teen girl stuff.

i think all you can do is ride it out.

of course she says she hates you, pretty much all teen girls say taht at some point. its classic comment.

it sounds to me like if ur other daughter is "completely the opposite" then you have just been very luckky with ur other daughter so far...

i think it is the 12 year old thats behaving "abnormally" if either of them are, which ireally dont think they are to be honest.

i think you can only wait for it to pass. it will pass eventually. prob not for years yet, but it will pass.

Re: 11 y/o daughters tempers

Sounds like a severe case of hormones flying, your doctor will be able to help with treatments for this. Out of control hormones are extremely destructive and have ruined many womens lifes, she will need to learn to spot the signs and develop tactics to cope but that will take time and lots of your patience. Low self esteem etc can be a consequence of it all so a therapist to ensure it doesn't develop into a permanant thought pattern would be a good idea.