Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: problems at school

Hi Claire,

Sending a 7 year old out of the classroom as a punishment is a bit extreme!!!
7 is quite young to expect the children to be organised. I would speak to the teacher. Explain your daughter is forgetting to bring her homework home, and ask for the teacher to help remind/organise her.
It's god you have a chart system at home, but as homework is set from school, maybe you could suggest the school sets up a reward system for her.
If the teacher isn't co-operative, I would suggest you organise a meeting with her. Discuss the matter calmly. Ask how she is going to help your daughter get more organised in school.
If she doesn't help, I would take the matter to the head teacher.
I must say, sending her out for speaking up seems a little OTT!

Good luck. Don't worry. To me, it sounds like she just needs a little more time to learn organisation.

Re: Re: problems at school

hi thanks for your prompt reply i'll try to speak to the teacher again, i already did since the home work issue is not new and i tought that the problem was solved but apparently it's back. she was never sent out of the class room before and i was a bit worried about it when i asked her what happened she said that she did'nt realise she should'nt speak but actually sometimes she just ignore what she don't like to hear and do exactely what she has in mind, now she is thinking that she is the naughtiest girl in class cause no other girl has ever been sent out of the class room and this worries me cause i believe that children live up to labelling.thanks once again for your help

Re: Re: Re: problems at school

Take her out of school. Children should be respected and trusted, not controlled and punished.

Or, maybe there is a better school in your area.

Please don't let her think of herself as the naughtiest girl.. or she'll feel eventually she'll have to be.
This teacher sounds a little stern!!
Good luck.

Re: Re: problems at school

i spoke to the teacher, and in fact it was'nt as bad as it seemed she only sent her out for a few minutes and she even explained the lesson before. i even spoke to the head, it seems that she is very impulsive but nothing so bad. the teacher even agreed to mark with a smiley on the reward notebook instead of chart which she'll bring back home so that i can see what happened during the day too. well we'll see from here now thanks to all.

That sounds promising!!