Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Troubled 5-year old daughter

When children have had a rough start in life they can find it hard when things settle down, they have become used to the rug being pulled from under them and it not happening anymore takes time to get used to. And although this sounds odd it can be quite scary for them. The thought of something happening is sometimes more frightening than it actually happening and if they can make it happen again they have back the safety of knowing where they stands even if its not a nice place. They need to test that things really have changed, no matter what they do or how far they push...and this could be what she's doing atm. If thats what it is, time, talking and patience is the healer, she will eventually reach a point where she is satisfied that its all over and nothing she can do can trigger it again. Doesn't seem at all suprising to me that she should do it now when your just about to have twins, a major change in her life would trigger such a reaction.

HTH's and hope I've not gone completely off track.

Good luck with the new babies

Re: Re: Troubled 5-year old daughter

Thank you for your advice This makes a lot of sense to me. I'll do as you suggested and hope things settle down. Thanks again