Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: out of control 12 yr old

Is there anything going on in your daughter's life? Is this a sudden change? is it puberty?

She is obviously being quite difficult at school. I would ask for a meeting to discuss your daughter's behaviour. Ask how it is being dealt with and how the school is helping her improve her behaviour. Ask what strategies they are using to encourage a change of behaviour. Ask how you can support the school.

If you are at a loss as to why this is hapening, ask the school if they know of any reason. Is she having a hard time at school?

Have you tried talking to your daughter? She probably won't know why. It may be puberty that's the problem!!!!

Good luck.
I have a 13 year old daughter.... I do know how rude they can be!!!!

Re: out of control 12 yr old

Hi there,
I am new to all of this, just joined this site today. I have an 11yr old girl going through what it sounds like to be the same thing. It has been about 1 month now and she has changed from being completly respectful to a little girl that I don't even know. I have never known a child to have such disrespect and be completely ignorant to her mother. Nothing has really changed in her life other than she is probably starting puberty. I don't know about you but I sure did not act that why whenI was going through puberty. When I disipline her she show much remorse but I know it is because she does not want to be in trouble, so I do not give in, so she than will start screaming at me ( I really mean screaming ) until she gets so worked up that she has trouble breathing.

I would be great if there was someone out there with all the answers, but for now I guess it is just trial and error.

Kari