Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tears when I leave her anywhere

I know off 3 children in my son's nursery class that do this too, they cling to mum/dad every morning and yet when the parents come to pick them up they've had a lovely day and forgotten all about it.

Find it hard to watch and there not even my kids so imagine it must be heartbreaking for you.

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head when you say she misses you, she may just not be ready to be away from you for that long and the best solution might be to arrange for her to go back to half days for now. School can be quite overwhelming for some kids. I would give her clubs a miss for a while too until she's settled again and then try them again.

Re: Re: tears when I leave her anywhere

thanks for the reply. she was much better this morning and we've designed a reward chart on which she gets a star each time she is brave. she has come home from school really happy so am hoping that the rest has done her good. am also making sure that i dedicate time to her when she comes home from school instead of continuing the housework! thanks again x