Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My dad and his dating.

Hi. I need some help. I'm a 16 year old girl and my mom died when i was 3. Ever since then I've lived with my father. When I was in 4th grade he began dating this woman. She was nice and everything I was indifferent to her most of the time. After dating for 5-6years they broke up. Recentely my father talked to me about how he didn't/doesn't liker her and I was fine with that. A couple of weeks after he said that they began "dating" again. She is ALWAYS around my house calling and what not. Now my dad leaves all the time leaving me alone at home for hours at a time at night without calling and giving a very vague time period of when he will be home. I hate it. I don't mind her it just seems so fast that this is going. I feel so neglected. I'll give you today as an example. I came home from my little cousins birthday party. I had been away from the house all day and no call from my dad to check up on me or to tell me that he wouldnt be home later. So I got home he wasnt there but her car was. I called him it was around 6 and he said he would be home shortly he was with her. He got home around 9 with her in tow. Walked in my room no hello or anything and said 'Oh Lee is gonna sleep over." This shocked me. Then he said "Oh I'm just kidding" and started laughing. I dont know why but that bothered me a lot. And she's still here showing no signs of leaving. I just keep crying. I'm so confused. I understand he needs to date and stuff but this is moving wayyy to fast for me. If any of you have been in a similar situation please let me know how to handle it. Thank you. You can e-mail me or post. SusansDancer@aol.com

Re: My dad and his dating.

hi there..i had problems with my parents to when i was in highschool, i understand your problem, the best thing you can do is talk to your dad and tell him your problem with him, surely he will understand your problem. or if you want talk to your dad and the girl that shes dating and tell them how you feel. i just think your dad is sad thats why he's dating get close with your dad. be sweet with him