Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sleep time

My 2 year old son wont sleep in his own bed. I've tried routines like reading books before bedtime, laying with him etc. None of it seems to work. He will fall asleep on the couch but as soon as we put him into his own bed he wakes up and comes into our bed. It's really frustrating as he used to be a good sleeper. Please Help...

Re: sleep time

I had the same problem and solved it completely after I listened to a set of tapes called Babies and Toddlers to Tame or to Trust. It changed my life. Dr. Aldort now has a book too, Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves. It gives such huge relief. All the struggle goes out the window.
Anyway, when it comes to sleep, you should read the book's section on it. You must understand how scary sleep is for young children, and also how they feel like we push them away so we can be without them. When you get it about your own child's specific needs, you will know what to do. That book is the best I have ever read on parenting in other ways too. Just really awesome relief.

Re: Re: sleep time

thanks for the advice. I will go straight to the book shop on monday morning a find that book. Thanks heaps