Practical Parenting Advice Online Parenting Course

Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help with 3 yr old plz.. he drives us crazy..

ive been having some issues with my 3 yr old.. he pees his pants a LOT at home but not at daycare and hes dry thru the nights. wife & me know hes doin it for attention so we try not to give him attention and just have him clean up but he doesn't seem to care. so then we started giving him little punishments like take away tv or toys or snax. but then he counters that by whinning with "u don't love me nobody loves me nobody wants me". what can i do??

Re: Help with 3 yr old plz.. he drives us crazy..

Potty training is a hard thing to do. I know first hand how frustrating it can be to clean up again and again when you feel your child has control enough not to wet his pants. However, you don't want to put a negative association with potty training or it could make it worse. I made a sticker chart for my son. Every time he successfully went in the toilet, he got to put a sticker on his chart (which we had taped to the fridge at his eye level). When he filled up his chart he got to pick out a new toy. Just a suggestion. I know the same things don't work for everyone, but it worked for me. Good Luck