Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Situation with ex-husband

OK First off he is still legally my husband. We have been seperated for 2 yrs but haven't gotten around to divorcing yet. Anyway, he called me last night and told me that whether I liked it or not, one way or another he would get our daughter back. Now let me tell you that he has threatened to steal her from me before. I work 2 jobs to make ends meet and Hannah is with my aunt or cousin when I am gone. I know that if I am not physically there he can come and take her and there is nothing either one of them can do. I am afraid that he knows this as well. My question to y'all is would I be in the wrong if I sent her to live with another relative out of state so that he can't find her? He isn't safe for her to be around and I am very afraid of losing her for good. Please help me.

Re: Situation with ex-husband

NO!!! The first thing you should do is get your butt to a lawyer, file for divorce, and then file a restraining order against your ex. If you don't start keeping a paper trail with the authorities regarding his actions, you'll be the one in trouble with the law for hiding "his daughter" from him. LEt it be known that he isn't fit to be alone with her, and that you don't feel it's in her best interest. But, I can guarantee, if he tries the legal system with you still being legally married, they'll wipe it off without a thought. If he's such a creep, why aren't you divorced yet? You can find places online and even fill out the papers yourself! Don't let this guy scare you into sending your baby off to live with a relative. My guess is that she probably would rather be with you, and you with her,than shipping her off to a relative. She needs you, especially if she doesn't have him in her life. Take a stand, and file the necessary reports!!!!!!