Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: cot to bed!!!!!!!!!

I am sitting here writing while my little angel, 20 month old Grace, is in her bedroom doing god knows what! I am also fed up and am clueless as to what to do next. Grace has had her big girl bed for over 6 weeks now and thinks seem to get good and them it all goes bad again. At the moment she likes testing me by getting back out of bed as soon as I put her in there. I have read a large number of books and have not found clear direction on what to do. I have tried to 'slow withdrawal' and it works until I get to the last night... I will be watching for ideas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: cot to bed!!!!!!!!!

My daughter is just over two and firstly I waited until I had a few days off work so I was fairly relaxed and not 'ratty'. Then I put her cot away and gave her no choice but I had had the bed in the room for a while as a 'toy settee'. Hubby bought a sleeping bag and she found the whole camping idea fun - still does. I get in with her and read her a story a few times and then give her a kiss and say 'night night'. I then get her to say 'night night' back to me and after she does she seems to realise that I'm going and not returning until morning. Admitedly she is up one every night at the moment but we think this is habitual now due to chickenpox and then a cold!

Re: Re: Re: Re: cot to bed!!!!!!!!!

It feels like you are the only person in the world who cannot manage a simple thing like putting a tot to bed but dont be feeling bad because of the odd clever clogs who says they never had a problem. I have found that putting a safety gate in the doorway and not responding to the shouts and short cries is starting to work. When he gets no response he toddles back into bed. It is not easy ignoring your child when he calls or cries but feeling guilty and upset seems to be part of parenthood.
Hope things get better soon.http://assets.bravenet.com/common/images/forum/icons/set16.gif
http://assets.bravenet.com/common/images/forum/icons/set16.gif

Re: cot to bed!!!!!!!!!

hi just been reading some of the probs peeps having been having well my daughter is 21 months old and we was only talking today about taking her railings of the cot is this a good age to start from then as i see a lot of the babys r around the same age group as my princess