Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fussy eater

My daughter was just the same and I worried myself sick. She ate so well as a baby and then it became a nightmare around the same age. After some very stressful months of trying to fill her up with stuff she liked, I took advice and started giving her what I thought she should be eating. She left most of it and was hungry and caused an awful fuss. I didn't comment, just took the plate away when she had finished eating. Eventually she seemed to realise that this was all there was and gradually began eating what I gave her. In the past if she left her food I had given her 'nice stuff' to fill her up. I think she was leaving her food so that i would do this! She is now 11 years old and it is a joy to see her stuffing broccoli and carrots (her favourite food) in her face like they are sweets. She's still a fussy eater and a lot goes on what the food looks like (if it is in a sauce - forget it!) but she is eating the basics so I know she is getting a balanced diet and she also understands what is good for her and why her body needs it. One thing which helped me greatly during those difficult months - carrot cakes with frosted icing made from creme fraiche. She loved these and regularly ate a total of three whole carrots in two days. If you would like a good child-friendly recipe let me know!

Re: Re: Fussy eater

Thank you, makes me feel better knowing that I'm not alone with a 'fussy eater'. Would love to hear about some child-friendly recipe's when you have the time.

Thank you again.