Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
p.n.d

i think i have p.n.d again, i had it with my first son who is now 7 and spent 9mths on pills before i was better.now i think i have it again my baby is 7 mths old and i just feel so so so down, ive been hiding it for a few weeks now although my husband is now on my case and wants me to go and see the doc which i know is the right thing to do but i just cant bring myself to do it.does anyone know of a way to get rid of it without the docs help? and if i didnt do anything will it just go away on its own? i love my family very much and for a while felt so well but my husband now tells me ive not been right since our baby was born.maybe i made it happen again by thinking about it all the time! i just cant think straight at the mo. can anyone help please?

Re: p.n.d

Try not to blame yourself, you certainly sound low. I don't think for a minute you have brought this on yourself. P N D is a very hard illness to deal with but really, if you want to get better (and you obviously do) then the only way forward is to accept the help of your family, friends and the doctor. The sooner you have this support the better you will feel. Pick the phone up now and ring for an appointment and ask your husband or a friend to go with you. You deserve to feel well. Good luck.