Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 10 1/2 yr daughter acting 15

Dont send her away...she is going thru puberty early and has sooo many hormones doing who knows what to her personality.

And Im not talking about PMS like a grown woman...I think its just growing pains and hormones

Re: Re: 10 1/2 yr daughter acting 15

No of course I won't sned her away, she just drives me crazy. Just wish she could be sweet just a tiny bit?????? Love her so much its so hard to see her like this, she was 3rd attempt IVF AND 12 weeks prem!!!!!! So precious and yet I am already feeling she grown and gone. Thanks for yr response.

Re: 10 1/2 yr daughter acting 15

My daughter is now 11 years 7 months. Her periods started at 10 years 2 months. It is very hard for girls when they are so young. She was the youngest in class and yet the first to start her periods. Most of her friends weren't anywhere near puberty. She was stroppy and could be very difficult. And she is also very jealous of her little sister who is 7. You are right, you can't change the way you behave to a younger sibling, just carry on loving the eldest one.
I don't know if you are in UK but if you are I imagine your child is changing schools next year. That's hard for the kids too... there is so much going on inside their bodies and then having to deal with SATS and a school change. My daughter drove me insane last summer but after a dodgy start at secondary school, she has calmed down a lot. Still get dodgy PMT weeks ( when I have PMT too) but in between she is sweetness and light. I suppose the hormones are levelling out after a year of periods. Also friends are beginning to catch up with her.. that must help her not to feel so odd. Just hang on in there. Your daughter hasn't got a clue how to feel with all those hormones rushing around but I'm hoping early entry into puberty means she'll be out of puberty early.