Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2 1/2 year old

my 2 year old daughter is driving me bonkers.since she was ill a month ago she is having the most terrible tantrums and i cant do anything with her.it is mainly at bed time, she wont let her father do anything mammy has to do it all. i havent given in to her in the hope that this will subside, we have even tryed coming to an arrangement with her.e.g. mammy do her teeth and daddy take her to bed, but it very rarely works. she is even climing out of her cot in temper. she doesnt eat sweets or have pop and her squash is sugar free etc so i cant even blame it on what she is eating.i have tryed time out,i have tryed ignoring her and talking to her in a way that she can hopefully see reason but none of it is working. any ideas or suggestions?

Re: 2 1/2 year old

It might not be a suger problem, it could be additives, I used to be awful at night when I was young so my mum changed the mixing juice she gave me and found that two were noticably worse than the others for my behaviour so I'm very carefull as to what I give to my own sons. The 'mammy mammy' thing,I know exactly what you mean, my oldest is 2&1 and we'r going through the same thing and I have no idea how to deal with it.