Return to Website

Parenting Message Board

Please report abuses to AndyGill@practicalparent.org.uk

Parenting Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
17 yr.old daughter

Pleases help............my 17 yr.old daughter just had a baby 1 month ago and now she thinks that she knows everything and I just found out that she is dating a 25 yr.old man.....I have lost all control and dont know what to do......

Re: 17 yr.old daughter

Just give it time. I have learned this by my own personal doing. I thought the same thing when I was 18 and had my first baby. But I soon realized that hey my mom really knows what she is talking about and I really do need her help. As for the older man. It could be a phaze. But maybe you can do something legally....

Hi, Perhaps you could meet the man your daughter is dating and maybe form your own opinion of him. I was 17 when I met my husband, he was 27. We have now been together 11 years and have been married for 5. I knew when I met him he was the one for me. My Mum was unsure but got to know him and now she calls him her son and thanks her lucky stars I didn't play the field. He may be good for her. With regards to the baby let her go it alone, she'll soon realise how hard it is!

I ran away to Tiajuana, and got married when I was 15. I was 16 1/2 when I had my first child,19 when I had my 2nd and 20 when I divorced. At 17 there is not much you can do. Teach what you can until their 14 or 15 cause after that they are not going to listen. Just be there for her, because she WILL eventually need you. My children are now 33, 31 and 25. Grandchildren are 13,8,3 and 2 and I'm not even 50 yet. My children turned out great with good jobs and morals. Just be there when she needs you. My mom was.